PARIS FASHION WEEK: IN'S AND OUT'S

3:34 PM

Paris Fashion Week is the show that every other city is referring to. It's associated with a capital of fashion. And we can't deny it. The shows are way more private and unpretentious. What I've loved this year and what I think was a complete misunderstanding?

WHAT I LOVED
1# VALENTINO COLLECTION



Many had hesitated what would happen with Valentino after Maria Grazia departed for Christian Dior. Everybody had their eyes on their show in Paris this year and they didn't disappoint us. The new collection is fresh, chic and contemporary all in one. We can observe fascination about Renaissance and Middle ages through clothes design, but everything is maintained in an approachable ensemble.

2# CHANEL


How can you show the people the same idea every year and every year everyone is stupefied? Well, Chanel knows how to do that. And that's obviously a compliment. They kept a class of Gabriell Chanel for so many years now and they never gave up the idea of strength and elegance. The outfits are innovative and it's without a doubt a brand everyone is looking up to.

3# CHRISTIAN DIOR


 It was honestly a surprise for me. Yearly the Christian Dior's collections were correct. They were pretty, well-designed and clear. But this year is just WOW. These dressed are outstanding and I cannot find even one project which I wouldn't like. Maybe that's Maria Grazia Chiuri's contribution? She said in interviews that she consider herself as the one who will pay tribute to all of Dior creators of all time. And concentrate on the feminine side a lot. Which is lovely, really lovely. And on photos above you have a prove of it.

4# FENTY X PUMA


What was an inspiration for Rihanna to project this collection? As it is said: the Louvre, that's why the Paris was obviously the place where the show had to happen. It's an innovative view for the fashion of then royal families in nowadays view. Is it something you can actually like? I can honestly say I enjoy it enormously and it is definitely something original which Paris Fashion Week saw probably for the first time.

5#ZUHAIR MURAD 

 Zuhair Murad fashion house became so popular relatively not so long ago but it has been stated already equally with such a vast fashion houses like Chanel, Gucci or Balenciaga. Why is that? Projects that he creates are immaculate. You cannot find a cutting which wouldn't be precisely projected and presented. Every year we are enchanted by totally new inspirations and ideas. There are no two interchangeable projects in one collection, although the keynote is always the same: elegance, charm and power.

WHAT DISAPPOINTED ME

1#LOUIS VUITTON

I found this show in the ranking of the best ones' in this year Fashion Shows. Well, I don't deem so. We are accustomed that every fashion brand, especially this one with a history should be an indicator for the whole fashion industry. It's both an advantage and disadvantage. Sometimes people would wear branded clothes only to show that they can afford it. In my opinion, this year's collection is highly disappointing. The cuttings look as they were cut in the dark. And some of the outfits I could successfully find in a common city bazaar and nobody would see a difference. Totally out.

2# COMME DES GARCONS

I was really looking forward to their collection. Projects are always really innovative and extravagant. Actually,  I wasn't wrong with this one. It is definitely extravagant.  I had a feeling that I was watching a collection for a furniture company with outstanding sofas and carpets. Of course, there is a concept and this is obviously haute couture. But we seek fashion and something that is really magnificent. This ''outfits'' look like they were projected in one day and from a one, enormous armchair. Unfortunately.

3#BALENCIAGA

Well, some of their projects were good. But the rest? Dream of being original and disparate come too far. Forgive me, but this is grotesque. And who will wear that? I understand that there is omnipresent trend nowaday to inspire collections by 80's and 90's, however, while looking at Gucci show in Milan you could observe a real spirit. And they looked good, first of all. Less creativity, more craft, please.

4#HOOD BY AIR

And another brand, which wants to come into being by controversy. Shayne Oliver, the main designer, tried to show a ragtag posse of underground kids. I personally think what we can see above has nothing to do with it. In this case, outfits look just unaesthetic und repulsive. The high-fly clothes don't have to be promoted by cheap tricks but should speak for themselves. 

____________________________

And what is your opinion? Maybe you had other favorites? Write me in comments below and don't forget to visit my social media!

INSTAGRAM

You Might Also Like

66 comments

  1. Niektóre stylizacje chętnie znalazłabym w mojej szafie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article, great post!

    I so agree with the Louis Vuitton one.

    Do check out my blog too at www.ashrr.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Zuhair Murad pieces are amazing! Probably my favourite out of all the looks you picked out here.
    Thanks for sharing!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chanel and Valentino's collection.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection!
    In love with Dior and Murat!
    Kisses
    Martina
    http://www.pinkbubbles.it
    NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting article, love ZUHAIR MURAD, FENTY AND CHRISTIAN DIOR LOOK.

    xx
    http://www.thestylefanatic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this round up! Ugh PARIS! So good.
    xoKiara
    Tobruckave Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post dear!

    https://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the styles! xo, sharon

    http://www.stylelullaby.com/fashion/fall-full-swing/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post. My picks are the Dior and Valentino runway looks.
    www.thevagabondwayfarer.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like we had the same likes and disappointments.
    I don't get the 'comme des garcons' collection. I think its more for art, you just can't wear that.
    I liked pieces of the 'Balenciaga' collection though.. the pants boots are not such a bad idea.
    I think 'Louis Vuitton' aimed for a more edgy look but 'Hood by air', I don't get it.
    Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed this post.:)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous recap! I thought Fenty x Puma was really different..love it!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with your points! What is Comme Des Garcons doing.

    xxAmanda
    http://poiseinwings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oOo Valentino killed it! I love that second salmon dress so much!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. some amazing dresses here- so inspiring!

    www.londonstylegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm obsessed with Fenty x Puma <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forever wishing I was in Paris this year. Great post!

    Eric Jess
    http://whoisericjess.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, thanks for the recap! Murad's show was amazing - the snaps you have are incredible. I love those outfits. TO DIE FOR. Wish I could afford it. Xx

    www.inesinla.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats for your great Blog!! Keep doing. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  20. The white lace Valentino dress is my favorite! This is such a great post :)

    www.pennyanddash.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally agree that LV and Balenciaga was disappointing. Adored Zuhair and Dior's colleciton.

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a great selection! nice post. WE followed almost every show and it was different

    www.enfntsterribles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally love to read through this! Dior was definitively my favorite show of this season as well. Maria Grazia Chiuri really spread a new vibe for Dior and I loved the feministic touch about it!
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved so many of the Paris shows! Chanel (of course) and Valentino were gorgeous! Fab recap hun xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sukienki od Valentino są przecudne :O

    Zapraszam!
    >> VANILLIA96.BLOGSPOT.COM <<
    Obserwujemy?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kilka stylizacji zabrałabym ze sobą <3
    Są genialne :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Zuhair Murad's collections are always so magical!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This season was one that I was not actually inspired by. Usually there is something that I love and get excited about but not this time.

    xx Jenelle
    http://www.inspiringwit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing this! The Valentino, Chanel, Dior shows were really exquisite! They never end surprising me. Have a lovely day! x

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post! Amazing photos!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your PFW post!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely post! Amazing collections!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love Valentino, Chanel and Dior! Thanks for your comment in my blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram